I don’t know why the word choice has been on my mind lately, but it has. I guess I’ve just been reminded lately how our day is made up of choices.
– Do I wear a jacket or is it warm enough to go without?
– Do I stay up late to do homework or get up early?
– Do I watch another episode on Netflix or go to bed?
– Do I make plans to meet someone for coffee this week or use that morning to do homework?
– Do I make dinner or go out to eat?
– Do I get up to go work out or keep sleeping?
Okay…you get the point and in case you wondered the type of choices that go through my head on a daily basis. Anyway…I’ve realized we have the power to choose so many things that we may not realize each day.
– Do I choose peace or worry?
– Do I choose cheerfulness or to be gloomy?
– Do I choose to treat each person I meet with kindness and affirmation or with indifference?
– Do I choose to put forth 100% effort into all I do or just half-ass my life?
– Do I choose to love each person that’s in front of me or do I choose to look through them?
– Do I choose a positive outlook or a negative one?
– Do I choose joy each day?
I’ve forgotten how I can make these choices each day. Too many days I just blame on “being in a bad mood” or “I can’t help but worry,” but I can. Every day I probably don’t make the best choice, but it’s an intentional attitude that I’m trying to adopt.
Love is a choice, to be joyful is a choice, to have peace is a choice, to be intentional in your relationships with people is a choice.
We are responsible for our choices. I try to live each day being intentional about these choices. It’s not always the easiest, but it’s always worth it. What about you?